22.8.13

Kinship | The Sling Diaries










 
During the slowing of the evening, when the mist begins to linger and the light casts longer, deeper shadows, you quietly rest your weary hollow. My core whispers to you of tales passed; of how you were once but a tiny seedling, nestled and hidden within. After months of protection and nourishment, you grew strong and brave, eventually deciding the time had come to leap from my branches and plant yourself by my side. I watched as you blossomed, your delicate fronds unfurling, strengthening and flourishing with each passing day.

Now, fuelled by the rising sun, you awaken with vibrant luminosity, reaching your tendrils out into the wide open world without a moment’s hesitation. Courageously you strive for understanding, independence and truth, despite the looming enormity of the unknown. Your innocence immerses me in a world I had regretfully long forgotten a realm where birdsong inspires wonder and ant trails instil delight. Fervently, you soak in every sight and sound, unconsciously adding newfound discoveries to the rings of knowledge at the very centre of your being.

In time, as my frame grows tired through the winters of life and the forest has revealed all of the majesty and splendour it can possibly muster, I will lay down by your side. Slowly, the softest of moss will become my blanket, and all around you, you will see fresh, new life. May the buds, sprouts and saplings spring from within and thrive through my legacy, left at your feet. Although my core will no longer whisper to you in the slowing of the evening, still the roots of my essence will intertwine your soul. Burrowed and bound together in the unseen depths, you will feel my grasp holding you steadfast through both silence and storm. From the very beginning to the very end, the stories of the trees will echo our journey and you will never face this world alone.

Images 2, 3, 4 and 5 courtesy of the beautiful Ellen Arthur


Sage is wrapped with love in the Essential Linen Sling in Driftwood|Mint by Sakura Bloom

4 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so lovely! This is so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle - just as I completely adore yours! x

      Delete
  2. You and your baby girl are just radiant! Such beauty in your words lovely friend. May you always flourish x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph - what a wonderful afternoon it was spent with you and your gorgeous family! x

      Delete

Your comments brighten my day, thank you!